Are you interested in attending this Song Leader (Dunwoody) and starting your acting career? If so, leave a comment below about why you think you should be a part of this production and fill out our application form to have a chance to be in this movie.
Position Title: Song Leader
Department or Camp: Camp Isidore Alterman
Hours/week: Approximately 40 hours per week (end of May – beginning of August)
Summary of Job Description:
Summer position as a member of the MJCCA Day Camps staff. Position requires the ability to perform and teach music/songs to groups of children. Must have your own guitar, a lot of energy, creativity, and professionalism. Must be willing to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating a simply amazing day camp program for children.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Creation and facilitation of plans and activities for Song Sessions
• Creation and facilitation of age appropriate activities in Song Sessions for all age groups at camp
• Manage and maintain the supplies and equipment used in Song Leading (must have your own guitar)
• Creation and facilitation of Boker Tov and Shabbat– this includes but is not limited to leading songs in front of large groups, teaching songs to large and small groups, creating and performing skits and songs.
• Care and supervision of campers
• Work with campers and other staff members to accomplish goals of camp
• Development and implementation of programs including: rainy day activities and special events
• Participation in activities with campers and other staff members
• Insuring that campers maintain good hygiene, health, and safety practices
• Sharing in Camp Responsibilities such as meetings, programming, etc.
• Attendance at Weekly Staff Meetings, Camp Orientation and Camp Open House
• Customer Service
• Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Camp Director or Assistant Director
• Must be able to stand or walk up to 100% of the work day.
• Must have visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to camp activities
• Must be able to lift a child weighing up to 75 lbs. and assist campers in emergency
• Talking and hearing is essential for communications
• Must be able to bend and stoop to interact with children at their eye level
• Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and have wrist/arm flexion up to 100% of the work day.
• Must possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
• Previous performance, MC, or song leading experience
• Ability to teach songs to children and lead song sessions for 100+ people with energy and enthusiasm.
• Formal or informal child care experience is preferred but not required
• Previous youth group or camp experience is a plus but not required
Position reports to: